Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have the R7284 Primary control and from standby, it tells

Customer Question

Hi, I have the R7284 Primary control and from standby , it tells me "Limit is open. Furnace is a Beckett AF 15. I have black lead to L1, white to L2 and red lead to motor. Furnace currently in Lockdown. Do I have the wiring right?
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: They're fine. I checked everything. Furnace ran fine in April of this year until it wasn't needed anymore. Started to get cool and tried to fire it up and nothing. Replaced primary with R7284
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I went to hvac school . I have my EPA certification. Have a friend who works full time for an hvac company for backup.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. that's pretty much it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

An AF 15 is the burner not the furnace. If this is a warm air furnace you connect the hot feed out of the limit circuit to the LIMIT terminal on the R7284. Then a constant 120 vac hot to L1, L2 is neutral/common.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Do you have more questions?