Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Our model #DVL051 ser#ym2541038 will not ignite. The PLT1210

Customer Question

Hi our model #DVL051 ser#ym2541038 will not ignite. The PLT1210 was replaced 09/12/2012. Could this be the problem again?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, if you can tell me what the PLT210 is, it will save us a lot of time pulling manuals and parts lists,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pilot burner ignition system control smart valve
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** not likely that has part has failed again.

If you have a multi meter and some skills with it, take a close up photo of the units wiring diagram, it needs to be exceedingly well focused, I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'attach files' link to the left of the send button

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have a multi meter and normally can use it. I need to go my shop to obtain. Will be back in few minutes. Hope the pictures help.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm back.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Phil, just used a torch to heat the igniter at the burner, and the switch clicked and the flames started.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

The bottom of the wiring diagram is cut off slightly and fades into the distance because the photo was taken at an angle, can you send me a new one?

Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

photo needs to be taken from straight on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The position of the unit precludes this from being done. I will do my best to facillate.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hope this better
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** wool or plumbers sand cloth to clean the sparking rod and the flame sensor rod on the pilot lite... bend the metal slightly to close the gap between the longest rod and its metal shroud to 3/16"

Try it again let me know how it goes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Phil, but now that it is running, and my wife is happy, I plan to get the full tank of water to temp, then cut the power, and let the igniter cool. I will then dis assemble and try your suggested fix once I examine the assembly. How to I continue this a later time &/or date?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

to get back to me, log onto to JA account and click on this question and start typing OR bookmark this URL

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/02a2daa86c3742e0b920f31f8f32ecaa#

and paste it into your browser,

Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

I am off to bed, I will pick up your response in the morning or whenever you post back to me...I will be notified.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks much, and will post outcome or need. Think I may just replace the part spoken of. Good night.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

You are welcome, when you get it fixed please rate my work, its the only way the company pays me for my time, lacking that I work at my own expense.