Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Ultra boiler is turned on and the display shows 0 62.

Customer Question

Ultra boiler is turned on and the display shows 0 62. Thermostats are turned up but boiler does not fire.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Possibly thermostat, not sure
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Possibly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Everything on boiler seems to be in order. Boiler has been off all summer and need for heat now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

0 62 is standby mode no call for heat 62 degree water temp. First thing to try is to connect thermostat terminal R & W leads together. Does the boiler respond? IF not go to the boiler and jump the 2 terminals where the thermostat leads connect. If you have more than 1 thermostat what do you have for zone control? zone valves? a pump for each zone?