Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I installed a rheem rhll air handler condenser shuts off

Customer Question

I installed a rheem rhll air handler condenser shuts off when tstat is satisfied in heat but fan continues to run. I have replaced board I pulled off the electric heat so it is not a sequencer. I have from tstat to air handler r to r, w/ob to white with black stripe,g to g, c to c, to y, I disconnected secondary heat. From air handler to condenser I have common to common, red to red yellow to y, and b to white with black stripe in air handler
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The rheem condenser is an rp14 and the air handler is an rhll
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 month ago.

Lets disconnect wires fron thermostat to air handler to pinpoint issue to the air handler first

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all new tstat wire there is no short

What I am trying to do is determine if issue lies inside the air handler or has any outside issue. If we take thermostat wires loose at air handler and blower still runs we will concentrate completely on the air handler.If disconnecting thermostat wires at air handler causes blower to stop we will concentrate on thermostat.