Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have approximately 12 of your thermostats in my vacation

Customer Question

HI, I have approximately 12 of your thermostats in my vacation home. I want to change them to units that I can operate by computer of phone. All the units are the type that the face is removable. I would like to remove the face on the old one and plug in the new upgraded version. The model numbers I have are TH51000 1006 0747, TH81106U1003 0751, AND TH832U1UU8-073. Thank You, Terry
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I took pictures of all the units and wiring. The units operates, indepent fireplace, some for radiant zone heating, and 2 for a alternate back up forced air system in case of the radient failer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 month ago.

Terry unfortunately it will be a bit more complicated then just plug and play so to speak.None of the current thermostats you have are wifi compatible.

You will have to remove the wiring and replace sub base and all.