Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

We reinstalled the remote on the side of the Fire Genie

Customer Question

We reinstalled the remote on the side of the Fire Genie beuase ours was bad. We can operate the fire genie by turning on the flame from the unit. It will not go on using the hand held remote. It ays it is lit, but it isn't. We have changed all batteries an programmed the hand held again to Auto mode. Not flame
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: what do you mean double check the thermostat? inside the main uit? And what filters?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, my husband rinstalled the remote unit.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no He just switeched the wires to the remote unit thinking we ha it wired wrong
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We will type
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. Waiting for him to tupe
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Waiting for online conversation
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Can you give me make and model of new remote kit

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's the Regency remote control advanced fire Jeannie. The number is *****–399
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Have you followed setup procedures in the instructions?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we have
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

stand by

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

I am dealing with 4 cust at the same time...

Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Most common problem in remote setup is MATCHING REMOTE CONTROL & RECEIVER ID CODE.

Do you think you were successful in doing that most important part of setup sequence?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We were not told of any ID code. I installed the batteries for the new handheld remote that came with the remote attached to the fire Jeannie. Then I programmed the remote the same way I did the old one. Where would there have been an ID code?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just found in the directions how to match the remote control and receiver ID code to make sure that they are compatible. I will try it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, I found the area in the book that says matching the remote control and receiver ID code, I've done it twice and nothing.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Is the receiver set to remote?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

The control box will only learn the Remote ID codes during the first 30 seconds after power is applied and will ignore this special command from the Remote after the first 30 seconds.

How is it going?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I apologize, I had to leave for half an hour pick up my mom at the nursing home. I am back now but I did not touch it since the last two times I tried. The receiver box that you call it that is attached to the main unit is in the remote position I followed all the instructions I'm holding down the program in the preset buttons at the same time in front of it with the LC appearing in the screen for 20 seconds the flame did not go on. I then waited one minute and redid it. No flame. One question, the handheld remote is that supposed to be in the on or off position? I have it turned off when I'm trying to link the codes.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Please read CAREFULLY I think you are missing one off the details to be successful

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
OK, the remote unit that's attached to the fireplace is in the remote position I am right in front of the remote with the handheld remote pushing down the program and preset button at the same time. I am holding it for the 20 seconds. Nothing. Waited one minute. Read did the same steps. Nothing. What am I missing? But you didn't answer my question. Does the handheld remote need to be in the on position to do this?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

The instructions do not specify clearly if it need to be on or off, Try both ways

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks. that was my next step! Will get back to you.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

It has happened in the past where remote just did not work and had to get another one.

By the way, did you change both remote and receiver in the fire place?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the company we bought the receiver from gave us the whole kit with a new remote that goes with it. I do however have the old remote.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

OK and is the gas valve knob set to ON with pilot lit up.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Well, punching out for now..

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the gas valve is on because we can turn the heating unit on manually to warm the room. It just won't work with the remote.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Like I said before,

Best regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Dont forget to rate my assistance please

Customer/p>
Expert:  Gaztech replied 4 months ago.

Hello?