Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a comfortmake Enviro Plus 90 RPJ-II Model

Customer Question

I have a comfortmake Enviro Plus 90 RPJ-II Model #GNK100N16As that will not fire the burner. I have replaced the control board and the flame sensor over the past day and according to the board everything is working properly. I turn on the T-stat and the inducer fan starts up but I never hear any clicking and therefore the burner never fires and the main fan doesn't start up. What am I missing?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I installed a NEST over the summer and the heat would not fire then and have just started trying to resolve this week. The furnace worked fine last winter and the AC worked fine all summer
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I have electronic filters so I can check them and prior to replacing the parts had tried the old t-stat. I could try that again
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I have been
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not at this time
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 5 months ago.

Tell me if we get an error code flashing on boad

It looks like your furnace has what is called a smartvalve.Give me the number on your gas valve.

Then I need you to check all limits and make sure they are closed.Rollouts have a button in center to push and rest.Others can be checked by checking continuity or jumping for test. Then make sure pressure switch is closing after inducer starts.We will go from there.