Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have an Avanti wine chiller model WC331DZD. Have had it for

Customer Question

Have an Avanti wine chiller model WC331DZD. Have had it for a number of years working well. Suddenly it has stopped cooling, temperature cannot get under 69 degrees. The compressor is working, but seems to cut out when it gets hot. What can I do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: The last two weeks
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: My husband is very hood as long as he knows what he should do. He was wondering whether it needs freon, but it could be something different
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can thinkmof
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.

Hello, there condenser coil that is fed from the compressor with hot gas, it is most likely clogged with dirt, causing the compressor to over heat and go off on its heat sensitive overload switch. You can clean the condenser with a vacuum cleaner.

The condenser coil is like a small car radiator with a fan blowing air across it, or a bunch of small tubes that look like a squashed bird cage... look that over.

The compressor and condenser are accessible from the back side of the unit near the bottom.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could you please send the response to my email address *************** (I misspelled it earlier)