airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Payne model pg8j furnace will not operate has rapidly

Customer Question

payne model pg8j furnace will not operate has rapidly blinking error code - power was interupded when unit was operating
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: 7 years old never had this error code before again power was interrupdeed while running - steady blinking light supposed to mean reversed polarity but this coundnt have happened
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I installed the furnace and have always maintained it could it be circuit board
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dlike I said furnace was in operation power was interupated and would not restart and now rapidly blinking error code
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 month ago.

Have you tried turning power off and back on to see if board will reset?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
several times

Ok is the error still showing reversed polarity and if so do you have a meter to check ?

What is the error code?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Never mind I am through with conversations

Try swapping the blue and red wires on control board from transformer.SEC1 and SEC 2.

It is not unusual for polarity to get reversed if utility company changes out a transformer down the road.

If changing the blue and red does not solve issue you will need to replace the board.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.