Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Want to install some kind of blower on Marco two sided

Customer Question

Want to install some kind of blower on Marco two sided fireplace. (M792771ABlower#79)
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

I need the exact Model of your fireplace

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The model number was in my first inquiry, (M792771A)
I answered a webpage from Jerry (Plumber) who had extensive experience with Marco fireplaces (Marco went bust in 2008-2010 after being a big fireplace manufacturer). I would much prefer an expert with that exact experience, since I want to install a blower where Marco may not have planned to put one. The model # label says it has blower #76 in it. The fireplace appears to have been serviced some years before I moved in, and I see a place for electric cords but no other evidence of a blower. Also, the models manuals that claim blower have a 6inch panel of ventilator slots below what I have which is a 6 1/2 solid panel. Unlikely, but possible is the vent panel was removed to fit in the space available, but I see no indication of any such removal.
I have been reluctant to take off panels because how to do that is not apparent, and the best manual I have is not exact. An incomplete but helpful start would be exactly how do we start to disassemble things.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That sounds good, but I have not heard from anyone yet and its now October 25.