Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have a waterfurnace and I have been told I need a new

Customer Question

Good morning,
My name is ***** ***** I have a waterfurnace and I have been told I need a new thermostat. I have had a #TA32W02 since 2011. Should I look for the same thermostat or an equivalent. Also, do I need a contractor to replace it. Seems to be very simple!??
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

Hello Jim, i see your not ready to respond but here is my answer, if you need to replace your existing t-stat you do not need to use the same one, you can get any heat pump equipped with option 3 heat one cool to match the one you have.

Simple to instal, just hook up the same wire to the same terminals. then follow installers configuration instruction.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 month ago.

Hope this answers your question.

Best regards

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good afternoon Luke,
I apologize for not responding sooner but I had an emergency and had to leave home. I got back last night late but now I am ready to continue. I purchased a programmable thermostat from Home depot and just started installing it. Now, my problem is that the old thermostat had 6 wires and : blue goes to G, yellow goes to Y, red goes to RC BUT the white that goes to C on old themostat goes to ?? ( no c on new thermostat), orange on old thermostat that goes to L on old thermostat goes to ??(no L on new thermostat), and black on old thermostat goes to OB ( no OB on new thermostat).
Did Home depot recommend the wrong thermostat?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The letters on the Honeywell are : B O G Y W not used R RC.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 month ago.

Wrong t-stat Jim, not for heat pump

Get a Honeywell or a White rogers, Emerson, with all the right terminal.

By the way L not necessary, it is used to transmit and error code incase the heat pump breaks down, OB is reversing valve, for heat or cool. C supplies power to t-stat instead of batteries.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** leaving for Home Depot to exchange t-stats. I will keep you informed.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 month ago.

OK

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help in explaining the problem I had. It turns out that the t-stat is OK and I need a new mother board. This is the 3rd time the mother board was blown out by the contactor. Thanks again for your help. I will rate you excellent for your fast turnaround.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 month ago.

Best regards

Luke