Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Could you tell me what" reduced room temperature for central

Customer Question

Hi, could you tell me what " reduced room temperature for central heating" on the Vitodens 300 model. I have set the room temperature at 20 degrees, and have set timing for this from 4.30 am to 8.00 am and then a second period in the evening from 6pm - 10 pm.
when I look in the instruction manuel, the factory setting is 3 degrees, and it is set like this in our system ? Is this the temperature that the room goes down to between these time intervals - surely not, or is it a 3 degree range of variation. ( in what)
thanks for your input. Vivienne
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Hello, 3 degrees is the *differential* between on and off.... for instance if you set the thermostat at 70F, the system will go off at 71.5F and come back on at 68.5F ... that is a 3 degree differential.

The wider the differential the more energy savings.