Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have no heat and the gas line has pressure and the fan

Customer Question

I have no heat and the gas line has pressure and the fan works. There is an error code 22 on the TCONT800 thermostat. what does error 22 mean?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: All that works but I can't find a place to get the codes read.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't know because I can't read the euro code.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working fine until we had an electrical outage.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 month ago.

Is this code on the furnace or the actual thermostat display.If on thermostat, look inside front cover and give me complete model.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The model of the thermostat is TCONT900AC43UMM. The error code is on the thermostat. There is no place for a code on the furnace but maybe on the inside. The thermostat has a red light which is lite and located on the right top corner. There is no way for me to stop the fan which thinks the furnace is working. However I can shut off the fan by using the electrical breaker. When they installed the furnace, they had a code book which they used for installation but they would not give me a copy of what the codes meant. I will not call them again because they promised the State/Government would give me a $2000 rebate for efficiency. However they did not install the proper condenser and I got screwed after calling them about 20 times. That's why I am asking you for help.

Thanks for that information.The 22 error is a soft lockout due to flame lost or no ignition.

Lets go to furnace. See if we have a pattern flash code on furnace board and give me model on furnace