Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Mr. Heater Kerosene Force Air Heater. 75 M btu. I

Customer Question

I have a Mr. Heater Kerosene Force Air Heater. 75 M btu. I put in one bottle of Kerosene, about 1/2 fill (it is all I had) and started it up. The heater sputtered then stopped. I tried restarting it several times and got the same result.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I cleaned (blew air through it) the air filter. turned back on, now no fuel coming from fuel air aspir nozzle. disassembled the unit to get the Fuel air nozzle. I put up against the light and could see clearly though the nozzle, so it is not plugged.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am getting a constant light from the electrode assembly, but not fuel from the nozzle.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No very handy but committed to fixing this if possible. A small engineer shop told me to through it out and buy a new one. I had to do that, since everything else is in good shape. Only about 4 years old.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 month ago.

1If heater has been sitting unused with any kerosene did you drain tank to make sure there was no moisture or condensation in tank?

2.Have you tried holding your finger over the vent hole of the pump adjustment screw until it gets going?

3.Have you tried adjusting the pressure adjustment screw?