Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a ritetemp 8022C thermostat, and I am leaving the apt

Customer Question

I have a ritetemp 8022C thermostat, and I am leaving the apt for five months. I have not figured out how to set it to a constant temp while we are gone given the fact that after a power interruption it reverts to a default temp of 62 degrees can I override the every few hours temp settings
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: It's not a problem except I can set a constant temp
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I want to set it, but the instructions are complicated
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no other than is has these fall back settings every few hours that I want to override
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Press the TEMP HOLD button then use the up or down buttons to set the temp. This will override the program keeping the temp you set until you hit the temp hold button again

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
that's are good. but a power surge or failure will send it back to the programed temp ( not the one I set)
Expert:  Rick replied 7 days ago.

There's nothing you can do about a reversion to default after a power failure.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can't afford you
Expert:  Rick replied 7 days ago.

I don't understand

Expert:  Rick replied 7 days ago.

I'm sorry if you don't have more options but I didn't make or install the thermostat.