Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Lennox CBX32MV air handler multi speed fan is only

Customer Question

My Lennox CBX32MV air handler multi speed fan is only running on low speed with a yellow light on the D52 Run space. What could be the cause.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Are there any errors on the unit? Also are you sure it will never run faster?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The only error noted was the yellow light as mentioned before. The fan motor seems to run smoothly, just will not run up to a fast speed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there a switch, transformer, etc. within the unit that controls the various speeds of the fan motor?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 month ago.

The speed is controlled by the board and it may not go high unless the demand is there for it as this is part of a board algorithm.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is 81 degrees in the house and I set the ac at 72, so I am sure the demand it there. Can you be more specific as to the board or control switch that needs replacing?