Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

Furnace Mod#TM9V080C16MP11CA When the burner turns on it not

Customer Question

Coleman furnace Mod#TM9V080C16MP11CA
When the burner turns on it not only produces a lot of heat (that's a good thing) but it also produces a lot of Radio Frequency Interference or RFI, (that's a bad thing)
The folks that installed it do not seem to know anything about RFI, including how to spell it.
I have heard that there may be kits that can be installed to combat the RFI problem. Do you have any idea where I should tell my installers to look for such a kit?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 8 days ago.

THis is most likely caused by something to do with the variable speed motor. I suggest having installer call Coleman's tech support for a solution, possibly some type of harness perhaps. They will only talk to Coleman Dealers, but I am sure yours is not the first complaint and they probably have a vey simple solution.

Expert:  Airheatman replied 8 days ago.

Solution may be as simple as establishing a dedicated ground or installing a capacitor in the furnace circuit to clean up the electricity.