Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech

Attempting to install an ECOBEE3 thermostat using the PEK

Customer Question

Attempting to install an ECOBEE3 thermostat using the PEK wiring kit but I do not have. A Y terminal on the control board what do I hook it to the ac is a Goodman aruf 48d14ac
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

Answer: connect it to Y1

Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 days ago.

Did you fix the problem?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
There was a secondary wire used for both the C and Y wires only the c existed at the control board which left my Y from the PEK without a home once I recognized the 2nd wire was used as a direct splice all went into place. so short explanation long, no your answer would not have helped since there is not any Y connection or y1 on the control board but thanks anyway, I was at loss and $40 bucks seemed like a cheaper solution.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 days ago.

I will cancell transaction

Expert:  Airheatman replied 10 days ago.

Let me know if you still need any assistance with this. Y goes directly from thermostat to outdoor unit, does not connect at air handler.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 days ago.