Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have an Apollo comfort water heater (Model# A650NADSLW) in

Customer Question

I have an Apollo comfort water heater (Model# *****) in my apartment. The water is cold & I believe the pilot has gone out. How do I turn the pilot back on please?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Your water heater is electric and will require having your electric heating element replaced. There should be a reset button you can try by opening the panel that is either on the top or bottom behind a little door opening. They will have screws or caps on them some have one some have two.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry but my water heater is with gas
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

ok my mistake the number pulled up information on an electric model. My apologies. You can turn the gas valve to pilot and hold the button down. Click the ignitor button until it lights and then turn it to on and then turn it on.

If that does not work then you will have to hold the pilot down and use a match to lite it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I knew about that but what I needed was please for you to tell me exactly where everything is (gas valve, ignitor button, etc) so that I can turn it back on in this model.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

ok since I am unable to provide a manual for your particular unit I will open this up for other experts. Someone should be along shortly. I thought you just didn't know how to light it not that you could not find the parts. My apologies.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

I understand you need to relight the pilot?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 month ago.

Attached is a picture which shows the gas valve with a blue arrow. On the top of this is a knob with 3 positions. Turn to pilot, hold down the button and push down the ignitor button several times ( red arrow) until you see the pilot lit inside the window. Once it is lit continue to hold down the pilot button for about a minute to a minute and a half until it stays lit when you release it. Then turn the knob back to On.