Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I am replacing a Honeywell ST9160B 1068 controller board

Customer Question

Hello! I am replacing a Honeywell ST9160B 1068 controller board with a R40403-003 in my furnace. I am trying to figure out how to re-wire (needed a different Molex plug) the 6-pin plug with existing wires but don't know the configuration. I have 5 wires that are white, black, orange, red and blue. How do I figure out the correct placement so that they mate correctly to the board receptacle?
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: ? Filters are clean
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, trying to. All the rest is done except the 6-pin plug.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, just need to figure out the proper configuration to my pluh plug
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer

Here is a link to the wiring diagram,refer to page 3 follow each wire of 6 pin molex to designated point.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
thatbwitong diagram is all over the internet and it doesn't help me because none of the colors match my existing wire harness nor do any of the wires from the diagram you sent me go to any of the existing locations on my gas valve and blower.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 days ago.

OK let me check further

Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 days ago.

Can you give me the exact make and model of furnace please

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Armstrong Air Ultra V tech 80. The old board is a ST9160B 1068
Expert:  Airheatman replied 8 days ago.

If you still need help. give me atcual model on furnace

from inside furnace in burner compartment so I can provide guidance with this specific unit.Model will be on a label just above burners on right or left inside panel

and I will try to help figure this out.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  Airheatman replied 8 days ago.

THanks. Let me see if I have a manual. Be right back

Expert:  Airheatman replied 8 days ago.

Do you have a wiring diagram on a label you can take a picture of, I have several G1N 080s but not the AU.

All of the ones I have show a 9 pin using about 7

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I haven't heard anything back from you since uploading the wiring diagram. Can you provide some insight?
Expert:  Airheatman replied 4 days ago.

Waiting on diagram

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Files attached...I thought I had uploaded these on 10/16
Expert:  Airheatman replied 4 days ago.

First time I have seen them,Thought you gave up.Let me look them over

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Just to be clear, I'm trying to place the Red, White, Orange, Blue and Black wire from the old small 6-pin Molex plug, in the correct configuration in the new, larger Molex for the new board.
Expert:  Airheatman replied 4 days ago.

Sorry but I am not able to follow the wiring on this as it appears different terminals go to different components on the 2.I am going to opt out and see if maybe one of my colleagues ay be able to help.If not, we can request a refund of your deposit.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you. That is why I've been confused as well. I have a new molex plug and pins and can configure it any way I need to. I just can't determine where to place the pins.