Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

In California. What is the requirement to replace my HVAC

Customer Question

In California. What is the requirement to replace my HVAC system with out HERS testing? I am planning to install a 95% efficient forced air heater and a 14 SEER AC split system. The ducts are in the insulated envelope and are R-4.2
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi! I found all those links before i sent my question. Let me try re wording the question. Do I need HERS testing for a new system in an existing house? The AC is 14 SEER the heater is 95% efficient. The ducts are inside the the insulated envelope. I was able to find out all the stats I need before i sent you my question. The only question I have not been able to answer is .. Do I need HERS testing? I want to select my components so as not to require HERS testing.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

If you are upgrading or updating an old unit they will still need to come out and inspect. Sorry about all the additional information I thought you were asking something totally different. My apologies. Yes you are going to need approval through them first

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My question was not about inspection. It requires a permit in my City that I am aware of. Do I need HERS testing?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 4 months ago.

That is what I am saying you will require HERS testing.