Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a York heat pump and the control is missing a

Customer Question

I have a York heat pump and the control is missing a resistor - which I believe allows the unit to reverse from cooling to heating. I'd like to replace the resistor rather than buying the control which is over $300.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: This is a specific technical issue - not a trouble shooting situation.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would have someone solder a new resistor back in place ...if I knew what is ohmic value was.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The resistor is at the very top of the control module with the markings REV H in a xcircle and I in a hexigon. the #'s 220325 are also present. The heat pump is a york model E2CSo36A06a
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
York Heat Pump M # E2CS036A06A Control Module issue. the resistor at the top of the module is missing. I believe it allows the change over from cooling to heating mode. The markings are a circle with "REV H" with a hexigon to the right with an "I" inside. the #'s 22032 are visible. On the back of the circuit board (same location) is the same REV H marking with a 2 in a hexigon. the # 220325 is visible. How do I find out what the "ohmic" value - or size/type - of the resistor is in order to have in soldered back in place. The unit runs fine otherwise.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 9 days ago.

I have a complete board in my hand and all I can say is that it is not a resistor, looks more like a led capacitor or thermistor, I will try to find out with york on monday, it does seem to be linked to the B at bottom of board.

Will get back to you

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Great, thank You
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 days ago.

Chow for now

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
any news from York on the led capacitor or thermistor for the control module?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 days ago.

stand by

Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 days ago.

I have sent request for info to york and have yet received a answer, will get back to you for sure as soon as I do.