BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I have a Trane xv80 furnace. It's showing an error code of

Customer Question

I have a Trane xv80 furnace. It's showing an error code of 11 red blinks. Can you tell me what's happening. The fan is running however we have no heat.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes I
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe. Another thought. The lights in our house went out for a short while yesterday because of a wind storm.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: At first I had an error code 5. I turned off the fan then it changed to a code4. I then turned the curcuit breaker on and off which resulted in an error code of eleven. Thats where I'm at now.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 13 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. I am looking over your question now and will respond shortly.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 13 days ago.

well odds are great that the circuit board has been compromised by the power issue.

Code 4 is overheat..5 is false flame,

to have more than one code in this instance is indicative of a defective circuit board. Unfortunately this is very common when power is off/on due to storms, brown outs, etc.