Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Weil Mclain boiler also using a Honeywell S8620C

Customer Question

I have a Weil Mclain boiler also using a Honeywell S8620C ignition. I've cleaned the ignition and sensor but it will not spark. How can i check the Ignition module to see if its working or failed. I had started the burner the other day and it started after turning the power on and off a few times.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just started today when the burner didn't kick on.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: trying unless i feel i'm over my head
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know what else to ask about
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

First you need to test for 24 vac at 24v & 24v GND on the ignition control. If you read ~24 v there then you can try connecting a cable to the spark terminal and see if it arcs to the boiler chassis. If it doesn't and you have a good ground from the ignition control to the chassis then the control is suspect. If there is any doubt we would replace the pilot burner assembly before replacing the ignition control.