Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a jotul3dv11allagash, the pilot is lit but stove does

Customer Question

I have a jotul3dv11allagash, the pilot is lit but stove does not come on
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

First thing to try is to jump the TH & THTP terminals on the gas control valve. If the burner fires up then check the connections on the on/off switch and the thermostat/remote control terminal block. If they all look good or if the burner doesn't fire up then the next step would be to replace the thermopile which is the cylindrical sensor in the pilot flame (see attached pic)

Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Also check the pilot flame to be sure it's enveloping the top of the thermopile. If not then you'll have to clean the pilot burner orifice first

Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Do you have more questions?