Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My oil burner, two days the burn bleeds put no fuel to the

Customer Question

my oil burner,
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: two days the burn bleeds put no fuel to the tip
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: its a lennox af 11 85, also I run out of fuel and needed to bleed, two days latter burner stopped running I reset and it would run few seconds , like I said thhe burner bleed fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.
If you ran out of fuel and now you don't have fuel at the nozzle the oil line or filter may be clogged. Have you tried bleeding it again?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
changed filter, Fuel comes out bleeder scew strong with no air, but not a drop fuel to nozzle or line to nozzle
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

First thing to check is the pump screen on the side of the pump. You'll need a new gasket to put it back together. A new screen comes with a gasket.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not for $ 24 , there seem to me there must a way regulate the fuel to nozzle
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

If you're referring to the call prompt I ave no control over it. We can continue here. Like I said before you need to check/clean/replace the pump screen. It has 4 hex head screws holding the cover in place. You can regulate pump pressure but once that's set there's no need to adjust it and it won't help here.