Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

EB17B electric furnace starts and runs good. does a good job

EB17B electric furnace starts and runs good. does a good job of heating the house but will not shut off once it reaches the temperature set on the thermostat. have replaced sequencer repeatedly and this resolves issue for a short period then the problem develops again. Is it sequencer or thermostat issue that causes this.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Filters are replaced about every 90 days and themostat temp setting doesn't matter. furnace starts on demand but will not shut off
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what should I try or do next
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
have also replaced thermostat once and this did not help either.

If you disconnect thermostat wires and heat continues to run it is the sequencer sticking. If this continues, try a different brand of sequencer.Ask for a U>S> mad sequencer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
sometimes the furnace works perfectly. The problem with the constant running is intermitted and unpredictable.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
cannot leave home with furnace on and unattended

Most likely a sticking sequencer. Do you see China or Mexico stamped on sequencer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Honeywell ( made in china )

I would try to find a set of US made sequencers and try that

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have ordered a new sequencer made by Emerson. I believe it is made in the USA but not sure. What are names of company's you are familiar with that are made in USA if the Emerson brand is not. I cannot rate your help until I install the new sequencer. It should be here in 4 or 5 more days.

Just rate when ready. Emerson used to all be made here. I usually ask supplier to make sure. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 hour ago.
Received new sequencer but while waiting for it to be delivered I discovered that the new high filtration air filters were causing such a air flow restriction that the unit was getting too hot. Replaced air filter with a less restrictive model and the furnace runs fine. I now have an extra sequencer on hand if a different problem develops. Thank you for your help.

Wow, that would do it.Thanks for the update