Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I have a Mach A/C unit on my 2004 RV. On our most recent

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Coleman Mach A/C unit on my 2004 RV. On our most recent trip in September, the A/C compressor simply stopped turning on one night. No matter where I placed the thermostat temperature, the unit won't even try to turn on; only the fan runs and nothing else happens. The Thermostat was an analog unit, that I have hated for years, so I have replaced it with a digital unit. Still only the fan runs and the compressor has no reaction at all. Likely talking capacitor? I would think if the compressor was blown it would at least try to turn on. thanks. *****
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I thought it might be the thermostat at first. No matter where I moved the temperature control, the compressor didn't even try to turn on. Now with the digital unit, it behaves the same. I don't know what's next.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. My favorite RV repair shop has closed for good.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The A/C is a Coleman Mach model 8333B676 (I couldn't read the last digit). I think it has an output of 13,500.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 12 days ago.

I would start by checking the capacitor and the wiring to compressor.It is very possible a wire could have burned off to compressor