Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have a Quadra fire castile the auger stopped working I

I have a Quadra fire castile the auger stopped working I cleaned thoroughly replaced #2 snap disk the vacume switch seems to work correctly same as other snap disks only thing I can think of is the control box. Manuel says it should blink 4 times after I plug it in. The control box I blinking 6 times not sure what to do. I live I Juneau Alaska, and getting someone over here to look at it has not been working out.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 10 days or so
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't really have any other choice
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Stove seems to work as far as the fire starts ok but the auger wont kick in to feed pellets

Have you checked to see if auger motor is getting 120 volts?

Did you fix the problem?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My quadra fire castile stove stopped feeding pellets. I have cleaned thoroughly all snap disks in good condition, replaced vacume switch, both blowers working, but for what ever reason the auger will not start.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have checked everything I can think of but still wont send power to auger so it will start.

Have you measured with volt meter the 2 wires that goes to auger?

the control board send the intermittent power to auger and is cut off if auger door is open, I had the same problem at a customer this week and found that the door switch at top of unit was no good so I cut the 2 wires to it and attached them together and then it worked.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you talking about the door I open when I am putting pellets into the unit. There is spot that a magnet must make the relay work
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the two wires are pretty thin. You are telling me to try cutting those wires and splice them together.

Yes, but before you cut, use a OHM METER TO SEE IF ITS GOOD

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am getting a reading of 00.3

Try cutting it now

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok I have cut it, now do I spice the end going to the switch on the door

No splice the side that goes to control board, that way the board will think door is closed

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I spiced the wires going to the control board, no luck.

motor not turning but is there power going to auger motor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no power. Checked it for voltage not getting a reading

And while set up and fire in it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not sure what you mean, but if I manually throw pellets in it will fire up

Pretty sure then the board is toast..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a new board that came in today. I will try it.

Good

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am getting very frustrated with this stove. I put the new board in seems to work just like the other one. but no power to the auger. ARRG. I replaced the #2 snap disk because in order to get to it you have to take off the exhaust blower so I replaced it, but the old one seemed to be ok. I replaced the vacume switch just to be sure. I am positive my door is sealing ok. The rubber hose connecting the vacume switch and the auger seems to be all clear and in good condition. What the heck is keeping the power from turning that auger. I am out of ideas

Me too, You should contact Quadra fire tech support

Best of luck

Customer/p>