Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

When I turned on my heater, an alarm went off. I have had

Customer Question

When I turned on my heater, an alarm went off.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have had this heater a couple of years. Recently we were running just the fan and a few days ago the same alarm went off. We turned the fan off on the control panel. Today it is chilly so we went to actually turn the heater on and after about 1 minute the alarm went off again
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am trying to determine what the actual problem is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just gave you the details
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What alarm went off ? Where is the alarm?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
An alarm on the heater. I was able to turn it off by turning the in off electrical switch and turning the heat off at the wall control panel
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

What is the brand and model number of your unit?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Payne Model PG8JAA/MAA
Expert:  Rick replied 11 days ago.

I'm sorry I don't have access to the specs for that model. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 days ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

Did you still need assistance with this?