Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am looking for the schematics for a Trane XL 80 model

Customer Question

I am looking for the schematics for a Trane XL 80 model tud080r936a1
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I have changed out a blower motor and the schematics on the cover, I can't read them. I want to make sure all the wires are in the right spots
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I have installed a new motor. But have some wires that need to be connected to the circuit board yet.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The wires in question are connected to the circuit board in some way. I also have a jumper wire that I am not sure where it needs to go
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I just want to know if I can download a schematic from your website?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 8 months ago.

See link below

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This schematics does not look like the one on the furnace cover

My diagram is showing you have a variable speed motor which is high voltage powered but low voltage controlled.Can you verify this? Or did your furnace have a psc motor?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the furnace is at my sons house and I have made 2 trips up there today. I am just wanting the schematics. I want to make sure that the wires from the fan are connected to the circuit board correctly. I also have a black jumper wire that I am not sure where it goes. Also there is a black and pink shaded wire coming out of the pin connection, on the lower right side of the circuit board.

This is the diagram from Trane on the model you provided. It shows the YL/BK jumper between #1 and #2. Do you internet when you are on site? And do you have a plastic connector between board and motor as well as the White Black and Green power wires?

Here is a link to the entire furnace manual. You will find wiring on page 15

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dbqu70iho1m1u9s/Trane_TUD_Wiring.pdf

The tud080r936a1 shows to be the XV 80.

Take a look at this one and tell me if it looks more like your furnace.This id for the TUD2 series

https://www.trane.com/content/dam/Trane/Commercial/global/products-systems/equipment/unitary/split-systems/gas-furnaces-indoor-coils/22-1639-13_02012013.pdf