Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

When we plug the edenpure heater in it flashes heater not

Customer Question

When we plug the edenpure heater in it flashes heater not level, We have tried everything to make it level but once we plug it in it keeps flashing the same message any suggestions
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 13 days ago.

This is a common problem with these heaters. There is a little metal tab that swivels on a bolt when the heater is tilted. When swiveled contacts are broke so heater can not come on.The problem is when heater is leveled back up, often that tab sticks and does not swivel back to make contact .

Try this. Tilt the heater back and forth a few times and see if it will come unstuck.If not you will have to open the unit to manually correct this.I will send instructions.

If tilting back and forth does not solve,you will need to remove the back panel to access the control board.You will see this tilt switch on upper left side of board.All 3 contacts must be making for heater to work. I am attaching a link to a video on replacing the board.This will help you locate said switch.

The video is just to help you see where the switch is located