Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.

I have a dgah077bbsb. with a 120v supply tested ok coming to

Customer Question

I have a coleman dgah077bbsb. with a 120v supply tested ok coming to the board The furnace will not light unless i run a jumper wire to the hot side of the fan. That means that the neutral is ok but I'm guessing that something is not triggering the hot side of the fan to start ignition. Is there a quick te
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: Yes furnace filters are new.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Cost wise yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The furnace seemed to operate perfectly fine at the end of last season and hasn't been attempted until now.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 10 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If you're talking about the draft fan then if you have established a call for heat and you have power to the board then the board is suspect. There is one other possibility that you can eliminate by jumping the R & W terminals on the furnace thermostat terminal strip. If the problem persists then the board is the likely culprit.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok must be the board. I did try the R W jumper.
Expert:  Rick replied 10 days ago.

If I was at your place and found what you describe I'd replace the board but I'd check to be sure there is 24 volts at the trans former secondary before I went for a new board.