Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Willis and i have a york furnace about 9 years old and the

Customer Question

hello, my name is ***** ***** and i have a york furnace about 9 years old and the fan will run all the time without the heat burners coming on when i the thermostat is in the off position. What could be causing this matthew ?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes, actually the thermostat will not respond to any setting that i put it on.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, when i first turned the furnace on it went thru a complete heat cycle with no problem and then the fan stayed on a would not cut on, the only i could stop in was to cut the power and furnace switch on the side of the furnace.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you RATE ANSWER the 5 star rating after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 month ago.

What?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 1 month ago.

Your furnace has most likely locked out due to either Dirty filter or a flame rollout switch, can you shut power off , check the filter, then turn back on and then set t-stat to start heating

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you don't have an solution to my furnace problem that i paid you for now, I'm cancelling my payment of $5.00 to you and report you .