Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Cannot get burner to ignite on trance xr95 after power

Customer Question

Cannot get burner to ignite on trance xr95 after power outage last night
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What happens when you restart? Does the draft fan run? what are you getting for a flash sequence on the control board?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Blower runs, burner roes not come on. Control card led is flashing 4 times
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Manual says reset flame rollout button
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Ok, that's an open limit circuit error and a rollout switch (see attached pic for typical) could be causing it. Look for one attached to the burner box.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I see that attached to the bottom of the burner box, but don't see a reset button
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Small button between the 2 wires. If you push it and it clicks you have reset it. If it doesn't click it probably wasn't tripped

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I pushed it and it didn't click
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Then you either have an open limit or possibly a bad connection in the limit circuit. Do you have a multi-meter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Ok, then trace out the wires connected to the rollout switch. You should come to the hi limit (see attached for typical). Check for continuity across the switch terminals. If you have continuity then trace both ends of the circuit back to where it connects to the board and test continuity there. If you have continuity at the board and are still getting an open limit error then the board is suspect. Check all the connections along that limit circuit.