Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto

I have a Lennox g803-90-4. The pilot light goes out every 3

Customer Question

I have a Lennox g803-90-4. The pilot light goes out every 3 days or so. Had the same problem a few years ago and a servise tech had a look and tried to sell me a new furnace. While he was here he did make the flame sightly larger by simply adjusting a screw and light stayed lit for years. Now it acting up just like it did then. How can I fix it?
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: I didn't, but I had them replaced last winter.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything else. Im just hopping for an easy fix as I don't want to replace for a few years
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like the problem you are having is with your thermocouple and it will need to be replaced.

While holding down the control knob for the pilot, you either have to use the pilot ignitor or match light the pilot. Then old the knob in for 60 seconds, before releasing it. If the pilot remains lit, turn the control knob to ON. If the pilot does not remain lit, the Thermocouple or Thermopile may needs replaced.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 15 days ago.

Since you said its shutting off every few days sounds like that is what your problem is. It is lighting but not staying lit. Once you replace this part the problem should be fixed. I hope you find this information helpful and will be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I can be credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.