Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Intermittent fan cutting on and off in the cold mode, but

Customer Question

Intermittent fan cutting on and off in the cold mode, but only after hours of operation
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1 day
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That is all
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 17 days ago.

Hello, tell me please which fan is cutting on and off in cold mode please... there are two possibilities, the fan on top of the outside unit, and the blower inside the air handler that moves the cool air throughout the home.

Tell me please how frequently it cuts on and off... every 5 seconds or every 5 minutes for instance.

We can go from there

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It's the fan inside the attic that moves the air throughout the home. It also only starts when the temperature is selected to be 70degrees F or below. And it cuts on and off within seconds.
Expert:  Phil replied 7 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the brand and model number of the furnace or air handler that the fan is in.... I have no idea what you have so far... is it that? or a whole house ventilation fan set in a gable or on the roof... there are a few dozen options, each with its own set of probable causes.