Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

We have a heatilator model nov42361 that was installed by

Customer Question

We have a heatilator model nov42361 that was installed by pulte in 2010. We love the unit but recently we find that it shuts down by itself after 10to 15 minutes. Sometimes I can restart but other times it won't. The on off is a wall switch. It is a direct vent unit.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There is no over temp device on this unit which could explain what you describe so this is probably due to a bad connection or a flaw in the controller. If you have a small crack in the control board the crack could expand as the unit heats up shutting down the burner. A crack in the flame sensor or a bad connection in the flame sensor is another possibility.