Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a space heater model rg30p that heats up to the temp.

Customer Question

i have a space heater model rg30p that heats up to the temp. then shuts off and also shuts off the pilot light
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: i set the thermostat to a number bet 1&4 not the highest no. it heats up to that setting then shuts off as it shoud and also shuts off the pilot light so the heater can not restart when the temp. cools down . there are no filters.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

You first need to try cleaning the pilot assembly by blowing off any dust or dirt on or near it. Since this is a no vent unit it has an ODS (oxygen depletion sensor) pilot. With this type of pilot assembly if cleaning it doesn't work you'll need to replace the entire pilot assembly.