Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

We have an oil furnace - Carrier 58CMA. It is running but

Customer Question

We have an oil furnace - Carrier 58CMA. It is running but not heating. I don't know how to check the pilot light. Can you help?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes - we have the Ecobee - electronic thermostat. OK - let me try filter
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: trying before we call someone
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not really. I am sure the filter is fine. We had it serviced a while ago. Would you know how to find the pilot light?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 15 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Oil fired furnaces don't have pilot lights. About the only thing you can do is to remove the top front panel (the one with all the holes in it) then press the reset button on the top right of the oil burner (on the burner control). Press it only once. If the burner doesn't fire up you need to call a pro.