Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a carrier fb4nf060 unit and the air handler blower

Customer Question

I have a carrier fb4nf060 unit and the air handler blower motor doesn't run, (start)! No hum, nothing! The blue wire, (2nd speed) seems to energize when I turn it on! This unit doesn't seem to have a stat capacitor, you think my motor is bad? BTW, electricity has been out from weather, and this started when service was returned!
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes several times!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's all I can think of!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am in the process of pulling the manual on that system. I will return in a few minutes.

Meantime, if its not any trouble, can you tell me how many wires are attached to the blower motor (that will define its type, some are variable speed and prone to electronics problems).

Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

The variable speed blower motors are also missing a run capacitor... So far I am not able to find the manual for that unit in my files or on line, can you tell me about how old the unit is and if you want to do the repairs yourself or not.

For that I will need a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door.... photo needs to be taken straight on and very well lit as well.

To attach photo, use the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button.

We can go from there.