Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I'm getting a lockout error #A33 on my peerless surefire

Customer Question

I'm getting a lockout error #A33 on my peerless surefire boiler. Do you what that means
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: 8 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can get to start again by either pushing the reset button or turning it off
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It also says Fan Speed Error.
Expert:  Rick replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

In most cases a fan speed error is caused by a partially blocked vent. The first thing to do is to check the vent piping for a blockage. Then remove the fan to check/clean it.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cleaned the vent pipe and the motor and it didn't help. If I turn off the boiler and then turn it back on or reset it sometimes it fires up. It seems to me like it's a bad relay. What should I try next?
Expert:  Rick replied 15 days ago.

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.