Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

My central air works fine. But when I go to turn on my heat

Customer Question

My central air works fine. But when I go to turn on my heat it won't turn on
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right HVAC Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: How long
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes turn thermostat all the way up filter seems a little bit dirty
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Just wondering why my central air will work on auto. When I switch it to fan it blows fine but when it switched to heat and auto it doesn't kick on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Help me fix my heat
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 18 days ago.

Hello, one minute while I get some information together.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you get at the wires to the thermostat? If so connect the R to the W wire or use a paperclip to connect them and see if it turns on, if it does you have a thermostat issue or bad connection. If it does not turn on you need to go to the furnace and get to the board to see if there is an error code flashing. Let me know what you find.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!