Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have Teledyne Laars boiler Model Ph0325CP 12KBACR where I

Customer Question

I have Teledyne Laars boiler Model Ph0325CP 12KBACR where I am attempting to replace the "time delay relay' part no. R2073400 EM2. I apparently have a wire or more missed up. Can you provide a wiring diagram for hooking up this part? There are 5 wires hooked to the
relay. I will list the 5 wires and their color.
1. From the house circuit breaker box, the black wire is hooked to a brown wire that goes directly to the relay and on to the on/off switch.
2. A yellow wire goes from the relay to Control Panel assembly in the boiler and is connected to #11 on the Control Panel.
3. A orange wire goes from the relay to the Control Panel assembly and is hooked to #3 on the Control Panel.
4. A red wire goes from the relay to the on/off switch previously mentioned in item no. 1 above.
5. A brown wire goes from the relay to the Control Panel assembly and is hookedd to #1 on the Control Panel.
What I apparently got screwed up is where they fastened to the new relay I am trying to hook up. You can go on line and find the relay that I purchased. Having the relay facing you and the two lugs only showing on the bottom, and the mounting bracket on the left/top corner, as a reference, there are three lugs on the left side and 3 lugs on the right side, where do I hook up the wire listed about. Starting with the top left lug on the left side and going around to the 2 lugs on the bottom, then to the 3 lugs on the right side (and up), where do I hook us the wires (1 through 5) on the relay. Please refer to the top left lug as #1, coming down the left side, the middle lug as #2, then 3, across the bottom (left lug #4, right bottom lug #5), then the right side bottom as #6, middle one #7, and finally the top right lug as #8. Again, can you tell me where to hook the 5 wire (using my numbers and color of wire as listed) to the lugs (by number 1-8) on the relay.
I would appreciate any help. If you need a phone number just let me know.
Thanks
***** *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, that model number is ***** computing. Can you tell me about how old the boiler is... and.. is there a wiring diagram glued to the inside of one of the boiler service panels.

Let me know, we can go from there.