Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I kept blowing the 6 amp fuse on the control board on start

Customer Question

I kept blowing the 6 amp fuse on the control board on start up. Then I unhooked the ignitor and then that stopped so I replaced the ignitor and now it will not light on auto and the air punp wants to run even in the off position could I have a bad control board? The new ignitor isn't getting hot. Also replaced air pump but it doesn't want to run so I put the old one back on and it runs when you plug in the stove to the wall outlet
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: I guess I don't know about the filters where are they located?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I thought I would I don't know anyone who works on them
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I checked the voltage where you plug in the ignitor and have 120 volts when you turn on the stove and the same when it is in the off position
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number to your unit? It does certainly sound like since you are getting the correct volts on the ignitor and the air pump is new the problem is with the control board.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry I am unavailable for a phone call at this moment but if you provide me the model number I can certainly assist you on this thread.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Harman PC45
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I found two online sites that sell this board and the first one is the cheapest if you are interested in ordering online

http://pellethead.com/product/harman-pc45-circuit-control-board-part-1-00-05887/

http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Harman-PC45-Circuit-Board-Control-Panel-p/1-00-05887.htm

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I put the new air pump on, the air pump wouldn't run. And the new air pump is internally grounded, whereas the old one was externally grounded, so I was told that the black and blue wire on the air pump went together and plugged into the yellow wire. But nothing would work. So I put the old air pump back on and it wants to run even when the control board is in the 'OFF' position, but the ignitor doesn't get hot - it won't light.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Ok if the new air pump hooks up differently I am not familiar with that. I do believe the problem is with your control board but since I am not certain about that particular air pump I will open this up to other experts to see if they have a better idea.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, thank you. We will wait to hear from someone else.