Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Fedders 12,000 BTU mini Split Heat Pump that does

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I have a Fedders 12,000 BTU mini Split Heat Pump that does not turn on. I checked the inside and outside voltages and both are 115 volts.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It hasn't worked for about two months.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, the unit is located in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island and we only go over there a couple of times a year. I am certified by The North Carolina Board of Refrigeration Examiners No. NC-370-2970.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: Thermostat is by wireless remote control. I have two units and have tried the remote control from both units and am unable to turn one heat pump on with either remote. Both remotes have new batteries.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The condenser is getting power and the yellow, green, and red led lights on the condenser are blinking as follows: Yellow blinks once, Red blinks 8 times, and Green blinks continuously.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 18 days ago.

Hi, how are you? Can you provide me the full model and serial number of the indoor and outdoor units? That way I can try to find the exact piece of equipment you are working with. That is an odd NC License number