Technician HVAC
Technician HVAC, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner HVAC company

I just had a new Infinity Carrier System installed, 19VS

Customer Question

I just had a new Infinity Carrier System installed, 19VS outdoor unit and the 59MN7 furnace. The WiFi Touch thermostat.
DUMBED DOWN QUESTION....How do I manually make the fan run, without overriding my scheduled fan settings?
ADVANCED DETAILS.... I have the continuous fan speed set to "auto" in all my comfort settings (home, away, sleep, work). Using this setting, the fan only runs when the furnace or AC requires it. Perfect, and as I want it to work.
Lets say I want to turn off the system, open the windows, and turn on just the fan for air circulation....
I select "System" and then "Fan only"... the fan doesnt turn on. If i then go to "features" and change fan speed from "auto" to either low, med, or high..... the fan turns on and runs at the requested speed. So at this point the AC and Heat are off, and the fan is running as requested which is the desired operation.
HOWEVER... when I make the fan speed change as noted above, it also saves this change into my schedule. So if I was in "away" mode, now everytime "away" mode rolls around, the fan will run continually until manually changed back to "auto". Super annoying. It also means that the continuous fan will turn itself off when it switches between comfort settings based on time of day.
What am I a missing? The cheapo thermostats from Home depot will allow fan only operation without permanently overriding your scheduled settings. I find it hard to believe this is the only way!
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Technician HVAC replied 22 days ago.

Let me read thru your question and ill be with you hold on for a few minutes.

I am a carrier dealer, I can tell you that when you change your fan setting it will bypass the scheduled fan setting, So if you choose LOW speed for instance it will keep LOW running UNTIL the ac needs the desired setting that it requires, Once the ac reaches the temperature it will drop the speed back to low....

Now regarding the cheap thermostats, When selecting low,med,high is the same as changing FAN ON on the older you just now have the availability to choose the speed and volume of air with this model.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
It isnt "bypassing" my scheduled settings. It permanently overwrites the fan speed changes into the schedule.See this video....
I will follow up with you tomorrow as it's late here and I have early calls in morning
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Do you have a chance to answer?