How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have a lennox furnace that we turned on for the first

Customer Question

We have a lennox furnace that we turned on for the first time this season. It is two years old. It says it is heating and air is blowing, but it is cold. Any suggestions?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes, the settings are good and my husband checked the filter. Could a dirty filter cause the air not to heat? We are getting lots of air; just cold.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it is an easy fix. I don't want to call someone out if I don't have too.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

A dirty filter could cause the unit to run too hot which could shut the burners down but the blower would continue to blow (cold air). Replacing the filter and restarting the furnace may be all that's needed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is very dirty. Can we try to clean it for now just to see if that's the problem and then go get a new filter
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We are going to get a new filter and will try to install it in a couple hours.
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

You really should get a new filter. Cleaning it usually doesn't work unless it's a re-usable filter.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We got the new filter but the air is still blowing cold. It has an error code E200 A112
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My husband is in the garage now. He just told me that the error code was on before I got a new filter.
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Hello, use the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button to send me a close up, *exceedingly will focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower compartment cover.

I will point out the high temperature cut off switches, it is likely that one of them has tripped causing the problem.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It won't let me attach a file, but the error code blinks E200 A 1122
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Hello again, look for a paper clip icon at the right end of your tool bar and see if you can attach a file that way.

regarding the error codes in generally they are dead accurate less than 20% of the time in my experience, the other 80% of the time they are not as useful, about 50% of the time the error code itself is bogus....relying on the error codes from a distance as I am here most often results in a wild goose chase. There are more effective approaches.

See if you can get the wiring diagram photo to me that has been the most effective coaching tactic.

Related HVAC Questions