Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have just purchased RTH7600 RET97C series to replace my

Customer Question

I have just purchased RTH7600 RET97C series to replace my VisionProIAQ Are these compatible or do I need a different thermostat - purchased at Home Depot?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: We are trying to install the new thermostat and we only have 3 wires a black a white and a green which were labeled 1,2,3. How do we wire to the new thermostat?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What do you suggest?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Simply need to get our furnace going - and can't do it without the thermostat working. Will this new devise work with our 3 wires or not?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'm sorry but it won't work. The VisionPro IAQ works with an EIM (equipment interface module) the thermostat you got is does not. What is the problem? If it's that your furnace isn't responding to the thermostat it may not be a thermostat problem