Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

What is the context of the building code Section R303.8 2009

Customer Question

what is the context of the building code Section R303.8 2009 MRC
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 27 days ago.

R303.8 Required heating: When the winter design temperature in Table R301.2(1) is below 60°, every dwelling unit shall be provided with heating facilities capable of maintaining a minimum room temperature of 68° at a point 3 feet above the floor and 2 feet from exterior walls in all habitable rooms at the design temperature. The installation of one or more portable space heaters shall not be used to achieve compliance with this section.

Below is table R301.2(1)

Basically if winter design temp is below 60 degrees, You must have adequate heating to maintain 6 degrees at a point 3' from floor and 2 feet inside all habitable rooms.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.